Assessment of Storage Tanks
RISK-BASED APPROACH TO MANAGEMENT OF STORAGE TANKS ACCORDING TO EEMUA 159
4½ day training course
To enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding of the design and operational aspects of the use of storage tanks.
- Understand and implement detailed inspection and maintenance plans, based on RBI and RCM methodologies.
- Be able to make a sound selection between the various models for maintenance of tanks (time based, condition based or risk based) of storage tanks.
- Be able to set up budgets for inspection and maintenance tasks.
- Be able to schedule maintenance tasks in a structured way similar to that for shut-downs on capital equipment.
- Maintenance engineers and maintenance managers that hold a valid TankAssessor certificate, or have at least eight years' experience with storage tanks, or are qualified to BSc level or above and have at least two years' experience, who require to improve their understanding of and/or become qualified in assessing the integrity of tanks and foundations.
- The training is structured around the "RBI" and "RCM" methodologies, applicable to and centred on storage tanks.
- An understanding of EEMUA 159, integrity assessment, methods of repair or restrictions of service.
- Operational aspects of tanks.
- Tank integrity maintenance systems.
- Theory, application and implementation of the "PPM" methodology.
- Availability and reliability of "RBI", "RCM" and "PPM" techniques.
- Budgeting of inspection and maintenance tasks.
- Management of inspection and maintenance activities.
- The use of international codes and standards.
- Case history studies.
- Course text and a copy of EEMUA 159 are provided.
- Successful candidates will be awarded a TankStrategies Certificate of Competence.
- The certificate is valid for a term of five years, and will expire unless proven evidence can be submitted showing a continuous involvement with tanks during this period at the level attested by the certificate. If so, the expiry date will be postponed by another five years. After a single extension of the expiry date, a refresher course, with successful examination result, is mandatory in order to receive a new TankStrategies Certificate of Competence.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to those opting not to take the examination and to unsuccessful examination candidates.
Look at TankAssessor course.
Back to Assessment of Storage Tanks main page.